PDC International Corp., located in Norwalk, CT engineers, manufactures and distributes machinery for applying Heat Shrinkable Tamper-Evident Seals and Sleeve Labels worldwide to such customers as Kraft Foods, Johnson and Johnson, Proctor & Gamble, Unilever, Nestle to name a few. PDC also fabricates both Hot-Air & Steam Type Shrink Tunnels.
PDC International just celebrated over 50 years of business as an industry leader, and was awarded as a Connecticut Top Workplace.
The fabricator will be positioned at PDC’s Norwalk, CT Corporate Office.
Operate a manual and powered press brake, powered punch press and shear press as well as manual sheet metal tools to fabricate pieces to match both physical and electronic blueprints
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up and operate Cincinnati press brake
- Set up and operate Strippit punch press
- Program Strippit punch press using Striker programming software
- Operate hand tools as needed in a safe and efficient manner
- Choose correct tools to achieve desired finished product based on material and blueprint specifications
- Read and understand drawings, and be able to hold tolerances to. 010” required
- Perform routine maintenance
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints, schematics, etc.
- Ability to properly use micrometers, and calipers and tape measures to determine tolerances required
- Ability to calculate using fractions and decimals as well as identify radii required
- Familiarity with sheet metal forming tools and equipment
- Standing/sitting requirements: standing up to 100% of the workday
- Ability to lift and/or move over 50 lbs of material
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in a manufacturing environment. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Hourly position with an hourly rate based upon experience
- Health insurance
- 401K with company match
- Company-paid life insurance
- Paid vacation
Fill out the form on this page or email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to GTantimonico@pdc-corp.com.
No phone calls please….