PDC International Corp., located in Norwalk, CT engineers, manufactures and distributes machinery for applying Heat Shrinkable Tamper-Evident Seals and Sleeve Labels worldwide to such customers as Kraft Foods, Johnson and Johnson, Proctor & Gamble, Unilever, Nestle to name a few. PDC also fabricates both Hot-Air & Steam Type Shrink Tunnels.
PDC International just celebrated over 50 years of business as an industry leader, and was awarded as a Connecticut Top Workplace.
The Field Service Technician will be working out of their home as their base of operations. They will be required to engage in extensive travel throughout the USA, Canada and Mexico (90%). Some week-end travel will also be required (approx..15%). Minimal overseas travel
What we’re looking for…
- Minimum 5 years of experience in control systems, automation and mechanical troubleshooting
- Edit and understand PLC Logic and HMI programming
- Basic computer networking skills
- Ability to work alone under pressure
- Road warrior for the past 5 years minimum
- Packaging experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with customers, executive teams, engineers, and plant personnel.
- Willingness to travel with short notice
- Engaging & positive attitude
- Willing to work long hours at times
- Ability to maintain good relations with customers
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Clean driving record
- Located near a major airport in the mid-west or east coast
- Have a valid passport.
- Ability to understand the functionality of PDC applicators and tunnels
- Installation and training of new equipment
- Troubleshooting & repairing all models of the PDC applicators and tunnels
- Clear communication of progress, potential problems and solutions to the Service Manager
- Training customers on operating & maintaining equipment
- Provide telephone support for customer when not traveling
- Compose/Summarize trip reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Salary position plus overtime/salary based upon level of experience (75K-90K)
- $65/day per diem
- Health insurance
- 401K with company match
- Company-paid life insurance
- Paid Vacation
Fill out the form on this page or email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to GTantimonico@pdc-corp.com.
No phone calls please….